Yesterday wasn't terribly productive but I got some stuff done.
It was terribly hard to motivate myself to get out of bed, but once I did that, the rest of the day was much easier. I don’t really remember how the day went… but I think it was good.
I decided that simply waiting for my brine shrimp to survive was really excruciating, and so I’ve started working on a secondary project. Right now the idea is that plants that have antibacterial properties are less likely to be eaten by insects than their counterparts in the same genus. There are some kinks to work out, but basically you use this program to calculate leaf area and you watch the plant for about a week and track the amount of damage that was done. Then you compare the two groups and voila! You have you answers… at least that is how its supposed to work. We’ll see if I actually do that project.
Then, in the nighttime I went over to another professor’s office and she taught me how to use the program I’ll probably have to use. It looks pretty simple, so I think I'm good. It was also good to get a second opinion about the project. After that, I went to the lab and counted some shrimp and then came back to the room and went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment