Today was much more productive than the last three days have been. In the morning I went out into the field with Jose the botanist and we talked and walked and collected plants. He’s quite a nice guy and we had fun. I am really getting over my fear of bugs – it is good. Now, I can walk into a spider’s web and meah, no big deal. The first time we went to collect plants together – oy vey. I was a wreck. But I'm getting better. I believe that we collected about 10 different samples today which is great!
Then, at lunch, the professor from Sacramento State (Ron Coleman) who works with fishes and has been a great help and just a nice guy, asked if I wanted to come to the river with them and snorkel around. I was like um… sure! It’s not like I have anything else to do!
So I went with them to a river about 30 min away. It was quite fun. There were sooo many little fishes that were adorable and I absolutely loved it. It was really quite cool.
I'm off to dinner now, and then after that I plan on being in the laboratory for awhile putting the plants we collected today into solution.
No comments:
Post a Comment