Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day Nine - June 29th 2010 Part B

After dinner I went straight to the lab. I started working about 7:00. I thought, ok I only have 10 plants to put into solution, so this should take me 2 hours 3 tops. I’ll be out of here by, at the latest, 10:00. That’s not too bad. I got out of there at 2:00 AM. That is just not right.
At around 8:00, Dr. Coleman (the fish guy) came around and visited me. He just wanted to check in on the brine shrimp. I told him that they were still dying. We ended up talking about it for a while. “Why was I limited to only do one experiment at once?” he asked. “It was the aerator,” I replied, “I only have one.” “Oh” he goes, “I have a bazillion of them” (ok maybe he didn’t say bazillion, but he said whatever the old person version of that word is).
Anyway, I got new salt, new eggs, a salt and egg mixture, new water, new aerators, new container, and some more variables. He got me a bunch of stuff and left me about 30 minutes later with 5 or 6 new experiments to set up. Now, setting these up shouldn’t be too much work, right? Wrong. It took me a good three hours to set up the tubing and the covers and the salt and the eggs and the water and the containers and the lights and the plugs and arg. I started working again on the plants at about 11:30.
Then I worked from 11:30 to 2:00 on the plant solutions and trudged home exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment