Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day Seventeen - July 7th 2010

I got my salt! I finally figured out that the shrimp need aquarium salt. The fish guy game me some, but it wasn’t going to be enough to sustain me for more than a week. I was going to have a guy from Rhode Island get it for me and then ship it here, but someone found it in San Jose! Win. So I have it now, and I know I won’t run out.
Fish guy also left. That was too bad because now I don’t have anyone to whom to ask my questions! (I'm trying really hard to not end sentences with prepositions, but that just sounds awkward. Help anyone?)
Then at lunch there was the Espana vs Germany game. WOW! How fantastic. I was rooting for Spain and they thankfully won. But, unfortunately I don’t think that both teams really played that well. Spain had like 17 attempts on goal and they just kept missing. It was terrible. And Germany wasn’t really playing that well either. It was kind of disappointing. But Spain FINALLY got a goal in the second half and won 1-0. Sunday is the final game Spain vs. Netherlands. I'm pretty excited. It should be really good.
I also thought I was going to get to sleep early. Yeah right. Basically I was being delusional, again. Getting to bed before 10? Not going to happen. So I finished counting shrimp at a little before 10 and was super duper excited because I just had to clean out the wells. But cleaning out the little wells was terrrrible. Because now I’m evaporating the ethanol and water from the wells, this crusty stuff gets caked onto the bottom of the wells. And it’s really difficult to get out. So I spent a good 3 hours cleaning wells. That was fun. I got to bed at about 1:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment