I got up early (at around 6:00) and went to count my shrimp. I did that and then I'm not sure what happened. The days are just all starting to blur together and I can’t really differentiate from day to day. I'm getting about ready to go home. Its time.
Anyway on my way back from lunch a lady from reception pulled me aside and said that there had been some complaints from the people below and next to us. They said that the three of us in our room came in late at night and slammed doors. Apparently we also walk up the stairs loudly. I apologized if it was me and said I would relay the message to my roommates.
Ok. So the cabin has walls made of paper thin plaster and the top of each wall is just screens. Of course you can hear everything that happens. As far as walking up the stairs go, they are made of wood and are completely hollow. Of course you can head people walking up them! It’s not like we are intentionally clomping up them, but they do make some noise… They also said that we lock the bathroom door too loudly. The bolt a piece of metal that one must slide through a metal hole on the door frame. There is going to be some noise – its metal on metal… It gets sucks and you have to wiggle it to get out. Plus, the people next door (who complained) have a 1 year old child who will scream for a ½ an hour during the middle of the night. And they are yelling at us for closing the doors…? I mean I'm sorry that my tests end at 2 in the morning, but what do you want me to do? Sleep at the lab?
Anyway, I was trying to be quieter and I would hold all of the doors so that they didn’t slam, etc. So I got back late from the lab and I was walking up the steps as quietly as possible trying not to step on any of the beetles that were crawling all over them and a bat flew into my face. Yes a bat. In the stairwell. Into my face. So I screamed. It’s a natural reflex when something flies into your face. And then I fell down the stairs. Talk about being light-footed… it was really bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment