Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day Twenty Four - July 14th 2010

Day14
Hmmmm. What happened yesterday? Well, I woke up feeling quite sick. My throat hurt terribly, almost as if it were dry. Which is quite impossible, as the humidity here is, o well, I would say about 135%. Anyway I was miserable all day long and couldn’t really swallow. Luckily my tests were in the nighttime so I was able to stay in bed all day and do work from there. I actually got a lot done. I input my data into the program, recorded my results, made a powerpoint, went through e-mail, and napped quite frequently. Like I said, good day. (Other than the whole being-so-sick-I-didn’t-want-to-move bit).
My tests were done at 3:45 and 4:00. I counted my shrimp, got my totals, cleaned the wells, and got the new extract in by 6:30. I was quite impressed with myself. Anyway, 6 hours from 6 put my samples as being dry by 12:00 at night. It was quite unfortunate. So I had to wait up until then. When I trekked out the lab at 12 though the samples STILL weren’t dry. That made me very angry. So I decided to come back in two hours. So I waited up until 2:00am. And I went to check again. Still not dry. My alarm went off at 4:00am but I could hear it pouring rain outside my window and thought to myself “there is no way in hell I'm getting out of bed to get totally soaked”. So I stayed in bed until 6:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment